Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy birthday!!

Today is Spouse's birthday!! Today he catches up with me and we are the same age for about 3 1/2 months.
Yesterday he suggested that we both take off work today, which I was happy to do since I didn't get to be 'off' on Sun, and because I didn't have any appointments scheduled for today. I thought maybe we go to the beach together and anything else he wanted to do. Unfortunately, I had to go into the office this morning for a while, and when I returned and asked Spouse what he wanted to do today, he suggested running some errands and going shopping. I would have preferred going to the beach but since it was his birthday, I agreed. Afterall, there would still be time to go to the beach after doing what he wanted. But after we returned he said he wanted to take a nap. I decided to do some laundry while he napped. Not exactly the way I wanted to spend my day off, but since it is his birthday I said he could call the shots.

You may recall that last year I really did a bad job of celebrating his birthday, so this year I made sure I made up for it. This morning I gave him his gifts: a black shirt with white pinstripes from his favorite store Kenneth Cole, and a Kenneth Cole gift card so he could pick out something else he wanted. This evening we're meeting up with 10 friends for dinner at Saketumi (his choice). I am picking up 'Happy birthday' balloons and Bryan is picking up the decorated cake for me and bringing it to the restaurant.

I think we'll have a very nice time this evening!

7 comments:

DeepBlue said...

Well, you could have take a nap WITH Spouse! ;)
Saketumi rhymes with sushi!
Wish happy birthday to Spouse!

anne marie in philly said...

happy happy birthday to spouse! my my my, he is lookin' GOOD!

JustAMike said...

Happy birthday Spouse!

Bob said...

Happy [belated] Birthday!

John Going Gently said...

belated birthday greetings

Ron said...

Happy birthday Joe! You look great!

BosGuy said...

Yes, definitely belated well wishes.