Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.

We finally heard back yesterday that our contract on the investment condo is finalized, and our settlement is scheduled for next Thurs, June 24 at noon. Immediately after the settlement we're going to meet our handyman and our rental manager at the unit to go over the remodeling and leasing plans. We're excited about turning this place around and generating some income!

Last night was the final game of our 6-week team trivia mini-tournament. (Our team consists of me & Spouse, Steven & Thad, and The Bobs.) We won 2nd place, with a cash prize of $75. We are donating the winnings to a charity.

Not much to report on the progress of our screened porch extension. Last Fri they dug the footers and poured the concrete base into the footers. On Mon of this week they laid the cinder blocks on the footers and back-filled the soil. Nothing else this week.

I had a dreadfully busy/hectic/frustrating work week. There were times when I felt like I was going to have a nervous breakdown. 10-hour days; working through lunch; too much stress. There is so much going on and so many changes that I literally don't know how long this will last. I was told in confidence that more changes are coming and that I will get some relief, but there was no date attached to that conversation. I've never appreciated the weekends as much as I do now.

This weekend's forecast looks great so I am planning to relax and enjoy some time on the beach! Here's wishing all of you a terrific weekend too.

Crush du Jour: Robert Merrill



1 comment:

Mike said...

Congrats on your second place finish. So is this a trivial pursuit-based tourney? Cash prizes? Sounds pretty cut-throat!!