Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.

Tues evening Spouse & I went for a walk on the boardwalk after work. We both noted a woman walking on boardwalk talking on cell phone about nothing! Its the beach, lady. Why don't you just walk and look at the ocean and have some quiet time, instead of creating 'audio pollution' by blabbering on your cell phone about nothing.

I feel like a bad son-in-law and friend today. Spouse's mother and our friend Wendy are coming tonight and visiting with us this weekend and I really wish they weren't. I love them both and would love to have them here another time, but I am really feeling like I'd just like to have a weekend where I could go to the beach and relax. But instead, I'll be cleaning the house, washing linens, and taking care of people the whole weekend.

In a previous post I mentioned Spouse's gadget collection. This week his newest addition to the collection arrive, courtesy of HSN: a Bissell steam mop. Let's hope he puts it to immediate use and cleans the wood floors before his mom and friend arrive!

We've still not heard any news regarding the investment condo on which we put an offer. Our realtor informed us there were 2 other offers submitted the day before ours, but since the place is a foreclosure, the bank is taking its sweet time reviewing the offers. Oh well, we're in no hurry.

I saw in this article that a man died after falling into a vat of melted chocolate. Kind of gives new meaning to the dessert called "death by chocolate", huh?

There's been LOTS of visual progress on the addition this week. Look for new photos in tomorrow's post. Its curious to me that no one has asked if the construction guys were hot. I totally expected it from at least some of you!

Have a great weekend!

Crush du Jour: Christian Meier

5 comments:

Victor said...

OK, I'll bite. Were the construction guys hot?

cb said...

Does the bissel thing work well??

And Christian works far too hard on getting his hair to look like he didn't work far too hard on it.

Joy said...

I recently bought a Shark steam cleaner with lots of attachments. It was so recent that I've just taken it out of the box and read the instruction manual. Spouse and I can compare steam cleaning. I like gadgets, too.

I have a horror of drowning even in chocolate, which I love.

I've lost interest in whether men are hot or not. Never thought that would happen!

Stephen said...

I am pleased that you are copisetic with me on the cell phone issue. Have a great weekend...even if it is a not a relaxing one.

Joy said...

I lied. I do notice hot men.