Friday, February 08, 2008

Friday fragments

Here are some Friday fragments; fragments too small to make up their own posts.

Convertible weather
On Wed we had some freakishly warm weather for Feb. I drove around with the top down on my car while running errands at lunchtime. When I drove by the bank the digital thermometer read 76 degrees! It was crazy, but it was fabulous.

Bonus work out
Wed evening I decided to 'switch things up a bit' and instead of sitting at home on the computer for 2 hours while Spouse was at his personal trainer appointment, I went with him. Our trainer Rick allows clients to come in and use the cardio equipment while he trains other clients, so that's what I did. I did 15 minutes on the elyptical, 10 minutes on the treadmill, and 3 sets of 15 bicep curls while Spouse had his training.
Bravo recap
On Wed night's episode of 'Project Runway' the designers had to make costumes for female wrestlers! As usual, Christian thought his design was the best so when he didn't win the challenge (Chris won), Christian's face looked vacant.
I think Christian is probably the most talented and versatile designer of the bunch, but he knows it. Some of his comments during the interviews and to the other designers border on arrogant. I wish he'd just 'play nice' while he continues the competition. Ricky the crybaby got eliminated Wed night, which suited me just fine.


Then on last night's 'Make Me a Supermodel' I was stunned to find gorgeous gayboy Ronnie in the bottom 3!!! Okay, maybe he was having a slightly 'off' week, but he's way better than Frankie, Perry, and Casey and did NOT deserve to be in the bottom 3. From his interview it sounded like it scared the sh*t out of him so I expect next week he will be back in fighting form.

Insomnia
Spouse & I went to bed at 11:00 last night, stayed awake talking for a while, had some "romantic time" (cough cough), and then Spouse slipped off to sleep at midnight. I thought I'd be close behind him, but no. I tossed and turned for an hour and a 1/2 until I got up, went to the bathroom, had a drink of water, and returned to bed. (That is not me in this photo - I snatched it off somebody's Flickr site.)

I just couldn't seem to get my mind to turn off. I thought about paint colors for different rooms of the house I want to paint eventually. I tried to remember what clothes I had clean and pressed in my closet that would be suitable for my business trip next week. I thought about whether or not we could afford a trip to Vegas this spring. You name it, I probably thought about it. Perhaps Spouse's snoring didn't help, either. Shortly after 2am I went to the guest bedroom, hoping the absolute silence might aid my decent into dreamland. Sometime later it did. And of course, it seemed like I'd only been asleep 10 minutes when I heard Spouse getting ready for work at 6:30.


Road trip
I'm leaving Sun at 1:00 on a road trip. Unfortunately, its not a pleasure trip, and its not even to a 'fun' location. I'm driving 4 1/2 hours to Richmond, VA where my company's headquarters is located. All of the Sales and Sales Support folks (like me) will be in training Mon & Tues. Since at least 1/2 of us are coming from out of town, we were asked to arrive Sun evening in time for a cocktail party/buffet at 6:00 at the hotel where we're all staying. I'm on a good team so it shouldn't be a bad time. I'll get to meet my new boss in person for the 1st time, along with 2 other new remote sales people I've not met before.

Spouse has gotten it into his mind that my car shouldn't be trusted on such a long drive, just because I told him, like 2 months ago, that I thought it needed a front end alignment and new tires eventually. To keep him from worrying I'll drive his car to Richmond and he'll drive mine to work. (Isn't he precious?) I should be back Tues night around 9:00

Crush du Jour: Zeb Atlas

1 comment:

Java said...

Have a good trip! And be safe. How sweet that the spouse is concerned about the safety of your car. Hope you sleep better tonight.