Friday, July 20, 2018

Happy birthday!

Today is Spouse's birthday.

As usual, there will be a floral arrangement waiting for him when he gets to work today.  He loves flowers and I love sending them to his office, which gets him lots of attention.  Many of his female colleagues say they're jealous of how loved and well-treated he is.  Knowing this makes me smile.

Tonight we're going to dinner with Steven & Thad to a restaurant we've never been to before.  Its not new, and its been highly recommended by people I know.  I'm not sure why we haven't been before, but I'm hoping for a great meal.

For a change he told me what he wanted for his birthday this year:  a new kitchen sink and faucet!

We currently have a 2-basin sink which be both find annoying, so I'm going to have it replaced with a single-basin sink that's the same size. This will be much more practical.  We're also replacing our existing faucet which is starting to drip with a new one.  Spouse wants a goose-neck style so that's what we're getting.  I've already picked both out and confirmed they were in stock so I'm just waiting for the contractor to give me the date.

After 23 birthdays together there's only so many surprise gifts you can come up with, so I was actually really happy he told me what he really wanted.

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

I hope spouse had a marvelous birthday! you must post pix of the new sink!