Monday, October 12, 2015

What a weekend!

To say it was a "full weekend" or "busy weekend" would be incomplete.  Instead, I'm going to say it was a "GREAT weekend"!

I started my Sat with meeting brand new clients at 9:30 and showing them a number of homes that matched their criteria.  They were very nice and I enjoyed spending time with them.  After lunch they decided to write a very good offer on their favorite home, so I got that all put together for them, went over all the details, and supervised their initialing and signing on the various pages to be sure none were overlooked.  The next day the offer was signed as-is by the seller!

After work I had a quick dinner at home and then met Joe P at the theatre for a 7pm performance of "Lips Together, Teeth Apart", written by Terrence McNally.  
The play features only 4 characters; 2 straight couples who are visiting the Fire Island beach house of one of the woman's deceased gay bother, in 1991.  They are forced to confront questions of tolerance versus acceptance, fears of infidelity, and what happiness really means.  To me this play was a mash-up of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf" and "Steel Magnolias".  There were harsh words and tense situations, but always peppered with humorous one-liners and sharp wit.  Joe P and I not only loved the play itself, but also the 4 actors who never 'over-acted' any of the scenes.  We both agreed that this was our favorite of all the plays and musicals we've seen at this local theatre.  Thoroughly enjoyable!

Sun morning Spouse & I met Steven & Thad for breakfast at the Crystal.  A little later I headed to the CAMP Rehoboth Block Party where I was to perform "Philadelphia Freedom" as Elton John, courtesy of the Blue Moon where I have performed as Elton John in the LEGENDS show.  My song went great and the audience was very receptive.  Shortly thereafter I performed a finale song with 2 other singers, 1 of whom was recording artist and 'friend' of the Blue Moon Pamala Stanley.
(Pamala and I will be performing together again this coming Fri & Sat nights during Jazz Fest.)  Then I spent a little 'meet-n-greet' time with the public where I talked with people and posed for photos with them.  
It was a lot of fun!  Back in my 'civilian' clothes, I was about to head home when I ran into Joe P and several of his neighbors/friends, so I decided to hang out at the Block Party a while longer.  In doing so I saw/greeted/talked to so many people I knew, both personally and professionally.  And while I didn't see him, MSNBC host Thomas Roberts and his husband stopped in for a drink at the Blue Moon.  
Joe P met him and had a lovely conversation, which totally made Joe P's day.  It was really fun!  The weather was ideal so there was a great turn-out for the event. That evening I met up with Spouse and Steven & Thad for pizza.  I'm not sure I could have squeezed much more into the weekend.

3 comments:

Mark Alexander said...

Pamala Stanley? Now THAT is a name I've not heard in years! So glad to hear she's still alive and performing!

anne marie in philly said...

can't wait for friday night! :)

Fearsome Beard said...

Congrats on the successful sale!