Thursday, August 29, 2013

Jimmy James

Last night Joe P & I went to see a very talented voice impressionist, Jimmy James, at the Blue Moon.

The only other time I saw Jimmy James was in 2001 or 2002 when he provided entertainment at a PFLAG benefit dinner.  I thought he was hilarious and very talented, so when I saw that he would be doing a show at the Blue Moon, I was excited to be there.

Jimmy started his career by being one of the most famous and believable Marilyn Monroe impersonators.  He was on nearly every daytime talk show on TV in the 80s.  Later he began expanding into voice impersonation and able to do a wide range of amazing voice impressions.  Close your eyes and you'll think you're listening to the actual celebrities themselves!  And I'm amazed at how quickly he switches from diva's voice to the next.  Check this out!

Jimmy told an interesting story about some of the voice work he's done in the past.  He received a request from a gym/fitness club that caters to women, wanting him to record disco versions of all of Cher's songs to be used in their cardio room.  They thought he sounded that much like Cher, and I can understand why.
Me & Jimmy James
If you get a chance, go see Jimmy James!!

1 comment:

Woolworth's lament said...

Yeah good comic book artist, Jimmy James