Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Indian Summer

At the beginning of the month we had a very cool spell and I was really afraid we wouldn't have an Indian Summer.  It was only in the 50s for several days, so I had to wear socks and shoes to work instead of my Sanuk knock-offs, and long-sleeve shirts and pants instead of polo shirts and shorts.  It was a real downer.

But fortunately it was just a cool spell and here we are at the end of Oct with daytime temperatures in the 70s and I'm enjoying a gorgeous Indian Summer.  

Somehow it feels luxurious to have the convertible top down during the day at the end of Oct.  Once the sun starts to set the temperature drops pretty quickly, so I wear a lightweight hoodie at night when I walk Marvin.

I guess I am just wired differently than those people who can't wait for fall weather so they can bust out their sweaters, coats and scarves.  I couldn't care less about those things.  To me the arrival of fall simply means the end of summer and the casual sense I have then.

No comments: