Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Home from the hospital

My friend Jason told me yesterday that he would be released from the hospital today.
He will be staying with our friend Thatcher for the rest of the week since he'll have a follow-up appointment with the doctor on Fri. Jason and Thatcher are good friends and Thatcher is a nurse so its logical that Jason would stay with him through Fri. However, Thatcher had an appointment around the time Jason was due to be released so we planned for me to pick him up from the hospital and take him to Thatcher's house.
Jason was still rather weak and sore from the surgery so he was moving slowly and carefully. Once I got him into the car I said "You're free!!!" He laughed and said he wanted to go somewhere and get something to eat. He had only been given solid food since yesterday (9 days with only IV nutrition) so we dropped off his perscriptions at the pharmacy and met Thatcher and another friend Charles for lunch. He didn't eat much, but said it was great to put something in his stomach.

After lunch I went over to Thatcher's house with them to be sure Jason got settled in, then I came home. Jason seemed really glad to be out of the hospital. Now he's looking forward to his follow-up doctor's appointment on Fri, after which he expects he'll be allowed to take a shower!

No comments: