Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Richmond

Monday's trip to Richmond wound up better than I'd expected.

I made a point of arriving early so I could be sure to get set up (and successfully logged in) with the borrowed computer and speaker phone for my 10am client training session. That went well, and was followed by back-to-back meetings. This is literally how my day went:
  • 10:00-10:45 client training session
  • 10:45-11:00 bathroom break and check email
  • 11:00-12:00 product meeting
  • 12:00-12:30 weekly sales meeting
  • 12:30-2:00 enhanced reports meeting
  • 2:00-2:45 damage control meeting
  • 2:45-3:30 new offer meeting

You'll notice there was no lunch break in there. When I realized that all of these meetings my boss and I were scheduled for didn't allow for a lunch break my boss suggested he'd bring lunch in. I knew what that meant: pizza. My boss loves pizza and would eat it every day if he could, so I knew he wouldn't miss this opportunity.

The meetings all went well (ie: no screaming, steamrolling, or bullying) and I was almost surprised how quickly the day passed. I was pretty much spent by the time my last meeting ended at 3:30. I had thought I'd walk around the office and peek into several people's cubicles to say hi, but decided to simply get the hell out of there. For some reason that office has bad energy. I really don't like going there.

Fortunately the trip home was uneventful (no highway closures like last time) so I sailed up the highway with the top down, making it home in just under 2 hours. It was very warm (about 88 degrees) but it was sunny and there was plenty of breeze when you're going 70 mph.

Joe started his new job today. I talked to him this evening and got all the scoop. Already its difficult not being together in the evenings.

Drag Queen name of the day: Mae B Someday

No comments: