Friday, June 18, 2010

Stoopid lyrics

Here's another installment of my newest blog feature 'Stoopid lyrics'. A song's appearance here does NOT mean I think the song is stupid or that I don't like the song. Often I do like the song, but find the lyrics don't make sense. Judge for yourself.

Culture Club

Don't put your head on my shoulder
Sink me in a river of tears
This could be the best place yet
But you must overcome your fears

In time it could have been so much more
The time is precious I know
In time it could have been so much more
The time has nothing to show

Because time won't give me time
And time makes lovers feel
Like they've got something real
But you and me we know
They've got nothing but time
And time won't give me time
Won't give me time

Don't make me feel any colder
Time is like a clock in my heart
Touch we touch was the heat too much
I felt I lost you from the start

In time it could have been so much more
The time is precious I know
In time it could have been so much more
The time has nothing to show

Because time won't give me time
And time makes lovers feel
Like they've got something real
But you and me we know
They've got nothing but time
And time won't give me time
Won't give me time

Crush du Jour: Adam Coussins


4 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

ok, SOME fuzz...not digging the tat, though...

I LOVE CULTURE CLUB; this is my favorite CC song!

have a great weekend, mark!

PS - jon and boy...totally.went.all.the.way!

Anonymous said...

you know how i feel about the Boy...

having said that, it's definitely one of those songs where if you say a word often enough (time), it totally sounds made up.

next, i wouldn't mind spending some TIME with Adam!

Anonymous said...

Early Culture Club stuff is all about Boy George's relationship with the drummer.

I remember after finding out Boy George was a) gay and b) had a thing with drummer boy all the songs made sense.

Same is true of George Michael - from Wham on once you knew he was gay it all became "oooooohh..... now it makes sense."

Anonymous said...

This is one of my all time favorite songs period.

I understood the stoopid lyrics of the previous posts but I don't think these are stoopid at all - please explain. I'll tumble 4 ya - now those are some stoopid lyrics.