Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wal*Mart

A friend sent this to me. I found the facts to be interesting, and the conclusion to be funny! Enjoy.

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal*Mart every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal*Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal*Mart is bigger than Home Depot, Kroger, Target, Sears, Costco, K-Mart combined.
5. Wal*Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. It "hasn’t needed” a union.
6. Wal*Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Wal*Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).
9. Wal*Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal*Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal*Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal*Mart.

Conclusion: Let Wal*Mart bail out Wall Street. Better yet, let them run the damn Government!


And speaking of Wal*Mart, here is a hilarious video about Betty Butterfield's "episode" at Wal*Mart, which she calls Wal*Mark. Enjoy!!

Crush du Jour: Carlos Guillermo Haydon


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question: Can I find this guy at Walmart? I wouldn't even need help getting him to my car!

Bob said...

I. Don't. Like. WalMart.
Don't.

Mistress Maddie said...

I agree with Bob. Can't stand it. It is always full of so much noise and choas inside.

Ruffy said...

Walmart is the Evil Empire and I refuse to do business with them- that's not my money in those figures!

Victor said...

We don't have Wal Mart in Australia, thank heavens. Our own duopoly (Woolworths and Coles stores) are bad enough.

wcs said...

What's a "purchasing experience?" And why is it different?

These are the questions that puzzle me today.

Joy said...

I don't go there either unless I absolutely have to. I can't believe those figures! Good grief!