Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Leave the Fucking sign alone

Welcome to Fucking!
Yes, boys and girls, there really is a town in Austria called Fucking. I can only assume the residents of Fucking are called Fuckers. (Insert Beavis and Butthead style snickering here.)
And while we simpletons may find this funny, apparently the locals do not.

You see, the town has been plagued by British tourists stealing the Fucking sign! The Fucking police had to mount the replacement signs in concrete to deter future Fucking sign theft.

Think I'm kidding? Click on the newspaper article below to enlarge and read it.
I found it curious that the German, American, and Japanese tourists all behaved themselves in Fucking, but not the British. Really? I'd never have guessed that the British were so giddy over Fucking. But as the article said "for the British, its all about Fucking".

I learn something new everyday.

Crush du Jour: Steve Christman

5 comments:

cb said...

If I ever get there, you best believe that I'm taking a lude photo with another guy in front of the sign

Christopher said...

LMAO !!

Which came first though: the city or the verb?

Jeff said...

Fucking Brits! ;)

RAD said...

fuckin cool...nice guns on Steve!!!

Steven said...

I bet Steve Christman wouldn't find the concrete a deterrent. :-)