Wednesday, May 27, 2009

LATE BREAKING NEWS!!

Oh...

My...

God.

Today at 4:00 I heard a knock on the door. It was one of the engineers from the street reconstruction, letting me know I should move my car out of the driveway if I needed to go anywhere in the next 2 hours, since they would be laying the base coat for the street in about a 1/2 hour.

Sure enough, around 4:30 the asphalt truck and roller arrived, and this is the beautiful site they left behind:



Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have a street!!! Can you tell I'm a little excited?

I guess they will be back tomorrow to lay the top coat, but we will be leaving around 10:30 am so we may not see the finished product until Sunday.
Who knows, if all goes well, by Monday you will likely not have to tolerate my whining about the lack of a paved street.

Crush du Jour: Scott Jenkins

6 comments:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

It is loverly!

Stephen said...

wow... that man is all that!

A Lewis said...

Wow! Good for you guys. A real, live street!

Bob said...

Congratulations!
You struck street!

Jeff said...

Super news!! No more dust or potholes!

Joy said...

That looks great! (so does he)