Tuesday, July 01, 2008


We had a nice visit with our friend Michael and his friend Maurice, whom we met for the 1st time. Michael seemed much more relaxed than the last time he visited, when his dad was in the hospital. And Maurice was a real joy - funny, intelligent, a great guy. But they are not a couple; just a couple of friends.

After breakfast at the Blue Plate Diner Sat morning, Michael & Maurice headed out to the beach while Spouse & I went with Rick & Nick to a car show and auction in Harrington, DE. It was really, really hot but we had a good time looking at all the vintage cars.

When we got home we found Michael & Maurice had just returned, too. We all took showers and went to dinner at Fish On. It is one of the few restaurants in the area where the food is actually worth its price. So many restaurants around here know that tourists will come, so they don't need to go the extra mile to justify the extra dollar(s). Maurice had salmon, Michael had a beef fillet, Spouse had crab cakes, and I had cajun seafood pasta. We all really enjoyed our dishes. I also had a mojito, since nobody makes a mojito like Fish On.

After dinner we sat and talked for a while, and then Michael & Maurice decided to go out to the bars. It was already after 10 and I was feeling tired, after having walked all over the car show earlier in the day. So Spouse & I stayed home and watched a movie and then went to bed.
Michael & Maurice headed out Sun morning with plans to stop at some of the outlets on their way back to the city. Spouse & I just relaxed, read, and watched TV until 2, when we got ready to meet Rick & Nick at the beach.

It was hot outside, but there was a great breeze. The water was on the rougher side, and still quite chilly, but it didn't keep everyone out of the water, including me! It was just such a gorgeous afternoon I didn't want to come home. Spouse finally dragged me off the beach, kicking and screaming, at 5:30. We had dinner, and I watched "Design Star". (What happened to Matt???)

Yesterday was busy for me at work. A deadline was approaching so I had to work like a plantation slave to get as much done as possible. So, of course, everyone I've ever left a message for called me back yesterday, including my friend Susan who was in town and wanted to 'stop by'. She did, and we chatted for like 20 minutes, and then she was on her way. I also had to stop working early to get to the gym.

Today was another busy day at work, as I finished up the project that was due by COB. I finished with a little time to spare. Tomorrow should be less hectic, as more and more of my colleagues and clients are out of their respective offices. Maybe by then I'll have something interesting to write here.

Crush du Jour: Alexandre Slaviero

1 comment:

RAD said...

I am so the Design Star lover right now too..What happened to Matt indeed!! And what about poor cry baby blibbering Michael....oh dear...