Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Sounds of summer

Everyone knows that a song can transport you to a different place, mood, or decade. Likely all of us have heard a song and then said out loud "Wow, this reminds me of my senior year in high school".

To this day whenever I hear The Carpenters I think of the many weekends Spouse & I listened to Carpenters Classics, Vol 2 as we cleaned, painted, and fixed up our very 1st house together.

I remember exactly where I was the 1st time I heard Madonna sing "Lucky Star" on the radio. I thought she was African American. I knew she would become a star.

Now that the weather has turned and I can no longer deny the end of summer and beginning of fall, I think back on the sounds of summer 2010 and the songs that will someday remind me of the great, great summer I've had.

In the future when I hear these songs I will be taken back to the summer of 2010 when I spent every weekend at the beach with friends, when I danced my butt off at Mandance, when I drove the convertible with the top down and the radio volume up, when I claimed this summer as mine.

Crush du Jour: Ari Levanael

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

ooooh, crushy has a fur line to nirvana!

PS - word is "spend", as in I would like to spend some quality time with the crushy!

BosGuy said...

I like your summmer 2010 songs... almost as much as your photo of the cowboy.