Friday, October 01, 2010

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.

Despite all the reports of flooding on the east coast, our little coastal town in southern DE has barely gotten any rain over the last few days. I was actually hoping to get rain here while I was gone (in Richmond) because I scattered some grass seed last Sun and wanted Mother Nature to water it for me. Instead, it rained everyday in Richmond and only rained a little here on Sun night and Thurs night.

My friend Jared supplied me with this:

Spouse had a bit of a 'relapse' on his Weight Watchers program this week. Rather than losing, he actually gained a lb. When I asked him what happened, he said he got kind of lax after the online WW program told him he was loosing weight too fast. He didn't stick to his plan and wound up gaining. But he is determined to return to keeping track of his points and continuing to loose more weight. After loosing 50 lbs all of his clothes are too big. Fortunately he's been able to wear some older clothes that used to be too small. He's planning to treat himself to some new clothes when he looses another 10 lbs.

Another ditty from Jared:
Why is it that some people insist on wearing too much perfume/cologne? A little smells nice, but there's no need to marinate in it!! A friend posted on Facebook that fragrance should only be smelled when someone is close enough to kiss you. I thought that was cute.

Thanks to the adorable and kind Kevin from The Lisp for providing me with several Crush du Jour suggestions! Its so gratifying when friends (even those I haven't met in person yet) offer assistance. Many, many thanks to you, Kevin!!

Tomorrow morning we're headed back to VA to visit with our family, and will return home Sun afternoon.

Here's wishing everyone a terrific weekend!

Crush du Jour: Landon Conrad

6 comments:

behrmark said...

My, my, Landon is one healthy looking boy! And obviously he's very "happy" about something!

BosGuy said...

I echo behrmark's comment. Also love the other pics... the first one definitely made me smile... not sure what that says about my personality. Shallow & rude I suppose. Wouldn't mother be proud...Ugh.

wcs said...

Today's crush could qualify as "crush du month." ;)

Cubby said...

I'm not sure how I feel about the Two Dads graphic. Can I make the inference that while two dads are better than none, they are not as good as one? Am I over-thinking it?

cb said...

Mr. Conrad seems to have hurt himself. He's all swollen up!

RAD said...

we went off our diet in Hawaii..now need to get back on...Its ok to take a break! OK LOVE CONRAD he is my fave...I need to get his video! Grrrr! :-)