Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.


This little ditty comes to you courtesy of my friend Jared.
Spouse showed up for his Weight Watchers meeting and weigh-in last night to find the building locked. Apparently the group leader never showed up, so he wasn't able to weigh in. He's going to a meeting at a different location Sat morning and will weigh-in then.

This gem also came from Jared.

What a difference a 'G' makes!!

Even if you don't live in DE you likely know who Christine O'Donnell is, due to her appearances on all the news channels like CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc. To combat her comments from years ago about dabbling in witchcraft, O'Donnell created a
TV commercial saying "I'm not a witch. I'm you." Thanks to Jared, we can still make fun of her:


Also thanks to Jared for this ditty. Women look at the image below and see a bat. Men look at the image below and see...


This week has been a grim week learning that I'm going to be laid off, trying to figure out what I want to do, updating my resume, researching alternative types of work, looking into insurance, and trying to figure out how to stay financially current with unemployment benefits instead of my salary. Its emotionally draining and I'm glad the weekend is almost here! Many thanks to those of you who have left supportive and encouraging comments on my posts and have sent me private emails. It really helps!

Crush du Jour: Allen Walker

4 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

the crushy could use some fur (poor cold thing)...but the nirvana looks mighty f-i-n-e!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you'll find something soon! I know how much it sucks being laid off.

And yes, todays crush while sexy could use a little fur!

BosGuy said...

Love that first picture. Can't count how many times a week I think exactly the same thing.

Sorry to read about your unemployment but hope it leads you to something better.

For the record, I was unemployed in 2001 (for nearly a year -gasp-) but in the long run it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to my career.

Anonymous said...

Based on my father's experience in NY, there are two key things to unemployment.

First, file ASAP, if you delay, you risk getting fewer weeks of benefits.

Second, current, those filing now only qualify for 26 weeks (I'm not 100% on this but it's what he says)

Third, they really make you jump through hoops so make sure you keep all correspondence from them and you and track all phone calls.

Finally, be sure to check financial records you company has for you and know where and how they have tracked all payouts like bonuses or severance.