Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.

On Wed evening I went to my doctor's office for a physical. It had been 2 1/2 years since my last one (due to a cancellation in Feb when we had the blizzard), but since I am very healthy I don't worry about getting one every year. As I expected, the doc gave me a clean bill of health, but highly recommended a flu shot. Does anyone get flu shots? Why or why not?

Spouse lost another 6 lbs over the last 2 weeks. (Last week he couldn't weigh in because his Weight Watchers meeting was cancelled.) This brings him to a total of 63 lbs lost so far. Everyone continues to compliment him on how great he looks, and those who haven't seen him since he start WW in July are shocked. He went 'shopping' the other day in the closet where he keeps all the clothes he had grown out of, and found a couple pairs of dress pants and dress shirts he can now where to work.

My friend Jared sent me this hilarious card!

I have been simply amazed by support of friends, even those who are readers of this blog whom I've not met in person, related to my being laid off next Fri. Everything from help reviewing my resume, to online articles with interviewing tips, to offers to circulate my resume, to just plain old care and concern for how I'm holding up. Everyone has been so wonderful and I really appreciate the support and encouragement. It really helps!

My friend Jared provided me with this gem as well!

In last night's episode of Project Runway we learned which of the 4 designers was NOT going to show at Fashion Week. I really, really, REALLY wanted it to be Gretchen. I'm not saying she's a bad designer, I just don't feel like she's a fashion designer. Rather, she's a specialty designer for women who like her 'Bohemenian Chic' look. Its a look, but it doesn't say "fashion" to me. Honestly - I can't imagine her clothes on a catwalk. I was really hoping it would be the triple gays: Mondo, Andy, and Michael showing at Fashion Week. But Michael was sent home, which is a shame because I was really looking forward to seeing his collection. My prediction (like everyone else's) is that Mondo will win, which is just fine with me. I love Mondo's use of color and mix of prints.

No big plans for the weekend for us. How about you?

Crush du Jour: Matt Lanter

8 comments:

A Lewis said...

63 pounds! Wow!
And yes, I do get a flu shot. Just being in the airplane all day and touching people's garbage plus going in/out of my MIL's assisted living place. I just thought it was best.

anne marie in philly said...

YAYZ for another spouse milestone! and closet shopping is much less expensive than store shopping! ya know what - progress pix would be kewl, a starter pix and a current pix of your spouse!

you have my e-mail addy; please send me a copy of your resume so that I can circulate it with friends.

I MUST get a flu shot due to my asthma. no excuses!

and I MUST have the crushy...damn those eyes!

PS - word is "frack"; yep, that about sums up the job situation out there - FRACK!

smooches!

John Going Gently said...

re group for your weekend
chill,
drink a little too much
watch some old movies
have a good time

John Going Gently said...

re group for your weekend
chill,
drink a little too much
watch some old movies
have a good time

Anonymous said...

Here is a link to one of my favorite blogs - How was your day Dan? by Dan Renzi of The Real World.

The post contains links to Michael's complete runway show and a nice interview he gave today.

http://danrenzi.typepad.com/stuff/2010/10/project-runway.html

cb said...

After getting the pig flu last year... YES, get the damn shot. Trust me.

And congrats to the hubby on his weightloss!!

behrmark said...

If I can, I get the flu shot. My company provides it free of charge (although there is usually a limited number). Since I do have a medical condition, I think it best to "be prepared."
I'm very proud - and jealous - of Spouse. BEHR HUGS of congratulations to him!

robertga99 said...

Congrats to the husbear on his weight loss. That is awesome.

I never get the flu shot. However, when I get older I think i will start.