Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sick and snow

I'm still sick, but feeling a little better. Spouse says he feels better, but still sounds sick.

We're getting another blizzard today. Started out as rain and sleet, but is snowing to beat the band now. And its very windy so the snow is drifting like mad.


The big concern around these parts is roof collapses. DE has several chicken/poultry plants and
the local news has reported that several chicken coups have collapsed under the weight of the snow. They simply weren't built for this much snow.

Additionally, the
roof has caved in at a Big Lots store in nearby Milford (the town where Spouse works), at a fire station, a school and at a few businesses. This all happened before today's additional snow fall. Its crazy!

That's pretty much all that's going on in my world right now. Thank god we haven't lost our power or heat.


Crush du Jour: Joe Manganiello

7 comments:

robertga99 said...

I hope you get much better soon! Stay warm!
That's scary about the roofs! Never thought about that

anne marie in philly said...

I like the eyes on the crush...makes me wanna tell him secrets!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! As to snow, there were harbingers of the Great White Death From the Sky and want to know what we got? < 2".

We've been EXTREMELY fortunate in southeast New England this year. But the water shortages come spring/summer won't be fun. But then it'll probably go down like it did last year, it'll be a very rainy June.

Michael said...

I bet there was some looting up in the Big Lots!

Stephen said...

I have been watching the weather & being worried about you guys, & now I find out you are sick also!
Stay toasty warm & cozy this weekend.

A Lewis said...

I've been thinking and wondering about you boys -- with the snow and such. I was in Newark a few days back and could almost see you!

John Going Gently said...

snow gets you a bit stir crazy!
good crush!!!