Monday, May 02, 2011

Weekend highlights

Sat I worked until 5:00, then Spouse & I had dinner with Steven. (Thad out of town.) We went to a Chinese restaurant near Steven's house that we liked a lot. There are several Chinese places closer to our house but we don't care much for them. We had a nice time hanging out with our friend.

Sun was a very productive day! Spouse & I spent 2 hours cleaning the house (which really needed it), then I spent another hour cleaning the screened porch and its furniture. There was so much pollen everywhere that I wound up using a plastic scrub brush to brush-down the furniture before sweeping. Then I washed and dried a couple loads of laundry and ironed 2 pairs of pants and 6 shirts. After showering and having lunch, we went for a lovely convertible ride. When we returned home Spouse took a nap and I caught up on some email. That evening we met Steven & Thad, 1 of the Bobs, and Joe P for dinner. Thad brought doughnuts back for us from Maple Doughnuts in York, PA so we shared them as our dessert after dinner. They were absolutely delicious, and come in a multitude of flavors. My favorite is Boston Cream.

No comments: