Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend highlights

Fri night we had dinner with 'the usual suspects', then watched a Project Runway marathon. Since we play team trivia on Thurs nights, we always DVR Project Runway. We watched 3 episodes back-t0-back, without commercials, thanks to the DVR.

Sat Spouse went to his work out and I relaxed with my morning coffee and watched HGTV shows. Then we went to the post office to submit our passport applications. Normally you have to have passport photos taken some place else, but since it was National Passport Day at the post office, they offered passport photo services right there. We had filled out and printed our applications in advance so we just had to sign them, have our photos taken, and pay. It cost us $230. for 2 passports with photos. Then we had lunch and went to the grocery store. Our friend and used car dealer Bryan called us to take a look/test drive a car he'd gotten in recently (2008 Kia Sportage), but we didn't care for it. Spouse took a nap and I took Big Ella out for some exercise. I made Paula Deen's corn casserole (always a crowd-pleaser) which we took to a potluck. There were about a dozen guys there, of which we only knew 3 before we arrived. Once back home again we watched a little TV before going to bed.

Sun Spouse slept in while I watched home improvement shows on HGTV and TLC. Then I decided to get some things done. I started by unloading the dishwasher, then reloading it. Then I folded and put away a basket of Spouse's laundry, emptied the recycling bin, cleaned out a closet, looked for a photo album in the attic, and pruned the rose bushes. Spouse & I went for a little ride, had a bite to eat, got the car washed, and stopped at Home Depot where we bought a sturdy plastic shelving system and a sturdy cardboard box. Once back at home, I put together the shelving system in the garage and moved my tools onto one of the shelves. Then I changed a burned out light bulb in our lamp post. Then I removed the books from 3 bookshelves and packed them all in the cardboard box, then collapsed the book shelves and slid them under the bed in 1 of the guest bedrooms. Then I popped in at the stained glass studio to check the progress of our 3 windows inserts. Spouse & I had pizza for dinner, then watched "2012" on Rick & Nick's giant home theatre screen. Aside from a couple implausibilities, we liked it. The special effects were great!

It didn't rain over the weekend as predicted so that was very nice, but its raining today. I don't care - I'd rather have clear skies on the weekend.

Crush du Jour: Robson Green

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

I tell you, those "Usual Suspects" make life worth living.

anne marie in philly said...

the crush is nice and furry...but seems a tad old to me. I want one I can train! (tee hee)

have a good week, mark!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend. Keyron was off helping a friend with her wedding shower.

I was off touring schools on the west end of the city and helping to formulate the best options for getting kids into the schools and satisfying egress requirements.

The two schools we toured were .4 miles from each other. In fact in a 1 mile radius there are about seven public schools.

As to rain, no it didn't rain at all this weekend. But it's been monsoon like conditions since yesterday and showing no signs of abating. Can't even get to the local supermarket, everything is flooded out.

And yes, this is RI.