Thursday, March 04, 2010

ACTION ALERT!


Call your Senators Today! Ask them to co-sponsor the new "Military Readiness Enhancement Act" bill which will repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

Senator Joe Leiberman just introduced the Military Readiness Enhancement Act, which would repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and put in place a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. It's crucial that we keep up the pressure on our Senators to co-sponsor this bill and end DADT this year.

Call the Senate switchboard now at 202-224-3121 and ask to speak with each of your Senators.

Example Script for Your Call:

Hello, my name is __________ and I'm calling from __________ (city, state). I'm calling to urge the Senator to end "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and co-sponsor the Military Readiness Enhancement Act. This discrimination is wrong. Firing qualified service members simply because they're gay needs to stop in 2010. Will the Senator cosponsor the Military Readiness Enhancement Act?

Thank you.

Not sure who your Senators are? Click here to find out. If you live in Washington, D.C., please call Sen. Carl Levin, thank him for co-sponsoring the Military Readiness Enhancement Act, and tell him to include DADT repeal in the defense authorization bill.

Crush du Jour: Peter Billingsley

6 comments:

Paul Benjamin said...

Thanks for the heads up on this!

I agree, it is very important to be involved and stand up for our rights!

Stephen said...

I received your call to action via your email. Thanks & done. I was told that both my senators (thank your, Oregon!) will vote for this bill.

Wow Peter Billingsley grew up real nice...who knew?!?

John Going Gently said...

I have had enough of local politics!

anne marie in philly said...

done and done. gotta stand up and be counted...hell knows the far right will be jumping all over this like fleas on a dog!

J@v@JuNKo said...

I can't believe this is still all going on in your country in this day and age. I hope DADT is finally dropped once and for all...

Jeff said...

You know how I feel about DADT. Your lead pic is amazing!