Monday, March 08, 2010

Weekend highlights

Fri evening we heard back about the offer we put that condo last weekend. All 4 offers were rejected by the bank! The unit is a foreclosure and needs some work so we bid low. Apparently so did the others and the bank was not satisfied with any of the offers. The listing agent told our agent (and the others) that we should resubmit with our "best and final". Spouse & I discussed it at length, and then on Sat we raised our offer. Hopefully we'll hear something by the end of this week. We would really like to fix up this condo for a rental.

Sat morning Spouse went for his work out, and then we had lunch and did some looking around at Home Depot. We wanted to cost-out the products we'll need if we get the condo so we could have a closer idea of the final cost. I also bought a thatch rake, and when we got home I went to work on a dirt pile that was left in our yard when the new driveway was poured. It was sunny and almost 50 degrees so it was pleasant to be outside doing yard work. Then I rolled some large chunks of granite around to make a 'fence' along the street. Later that night we met up with Steven & Thad, The Bobs, and a few other friends for dinner at Saketumi. We've really come to like it there. The food is good quality and delicious, the service is great, and the interior is sophisticated and beautiful. I had Panang Chicken Curry (same as last time) and 3 Cosmos (hiccup). I didn't order the 3rd one - someone it just magically appeared on the table in front of me! Far be it from me to let a Cosmo go to waste, so I enjoyed it and gave Spouse the car keys.

Sun morning we met Steven & Thad for brunch at the Long Neck Diner, then stopped at the grocery store on the way home. Spouse started making a mixed berry cobbler while I fired up Big Ella and took her out for a little exercise. It was sunny and nearly 60 degrees, which practically screamed "convertible weather", so after putting Big Ella back in the garage, Spouse & I went for a drive to the beach in the new car with the top down. Later that night we took the cobbler to Steven & Thad's Oscar party/potluck. Neither of us are big into watching awards shows, but its a LOT more fun to be in a room full of gay men and critique the stars' clothing, hair and make-up. Surprisingly, we stayed until midnight when the show finally ended. (I thought Spouse was going to suggest leaving earlier.) Even more surprising was that once at home in bed, I couldn't fall asleep. My mind just wouldn't stop and I was awake until sometime after 2am. When I got up this morning I felt like I had a hangover, even though I'd consumed no alcohol.

How come the weekends always pass by so quickly?

Crush du Jour: Charles Kelley

4 comments:

robertga99 said...

Good luck on the condo!
I love me some Charles Kelley. So cute and a GREAT voice. Oh baby, I need him now :)

anne marie in philly said...

if you get the condo, sign me up for a rental week!

I will take the crush after robert finishes with him...I soooo wanna hit that!

Will said...

It would be fun to run my fingers through his hair. Not just on his head. :-)

Kyle Leach said...

The bank should feel luckily someone bid. They will never learn. Slimy, greedy, two-faced, bastards.