When we moved to DE we hoped our family would still come to Thanksgiving at our house, and last year many of them did. We had a lovely holiday, but it was not lacking the family drama. Here's a quick reminder. And if you find that entertaining, you'll love this.
It appears this year may be more of the same, but I'll write more about that in a separate post.
With Thanksgiving just a week away, I got to thinking about things heard around the table, and realized there are some phrases that are only appropriate at the Thanksgiving dinner table. If you're not sure what I mean, read the following out loud but pretend like there's no holiday:
- Talk about a huge breast!
- Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist.
- It's Cool Whip time!
- If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst!
- That's one terrific spread!
- I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.
- Are you ready for seconds yet?
- It's a little dry, do you still want to eat it?
- Just wait your turn, you'll get some!
- Don't play with your meat.
- Just spread the legs open and stuff it in.
- Do you think you'll be able to handle all these people at once?
- I didn't expect everyone to come at once!
- You still have a little bit on your chin.
- How long will it take after you stick it in?
- You'll know it's ready when it pops up.
- Wow, I didn't think I could handle all of that!
- That's the biggest one I've ever seen!
Crush du Jour: Mauricio Camacho