Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend highlights

There isn't much "highlight" from my weekend...

I worked all day on Sat. but Spouse & I and Steven & Thad went to Joe P's for a dinner party that night. Joe made a fabulous prime rib roast, baked potatoes, and a penne side dish. Spouse made a roasted veggie medley with eggplant, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, red pepper, and onion. Steven & Thad brought dessert. We had a delicious dinner and a lovely evening.

I worked all day Sun too. Steven & Thad went to dinner for their 11th anniversary, so Spouse & I were on our own for dinner. We decided to go to the Cottage Cafe for their Sun evening dinner special: turkey dinner with gravy, stuffing, and a vegetable of your choice. I had zucchini and yellow squash, and Spouse had creamed spinach. It was really good! The turkey was tender and moist, just like Thanksgiving. So often we eat out with others, and when we eat at home its usually in front of the TV, so it was nice to have a meal out together, just the 2 of us.

3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

happy anniversary to steven and thad!

PS - I wanna go to dinner at joe p.'s next time I'm down there!

cb said...

I haven't had that much of a highlightable weekend either. I didn't even get turkey.

Rick said...

Sounds like a nice evening and that dinner looks quite good.