Thursday, September 01, 2011

There comes a time

Last night we went to the fabulous Miss Coco Peru perform her latest show "There comes a time..." at the Blue Moon. Miraculously I was able to get Spouse off the sofa to come with me and we met Steven & Thad there.

I always look forward to seeing Coco perform because its always hilariously funny, smart, and fresh. She never recycles old stories or material from previous shows as some comedians do. This is my 5th time seeing her perform at the Blue Moon. Read about last year's show here.

I was really surprised when she walked onto stage with a new, short hairstyle! I'd only ever seen her with her classic Flip. But the new hairdo was just a part of her act and not a permanent change. In fact, after the show she came out to greet guests and have her photo taken wearing her classic Flip which suits her so well. Many thanks to my friend Marty who took this photo with his phone and emailed it to me!

One of the funnier bits in her routine was her dislike of skinny White gay men who behave like sassy Black women, doing diagonal 'snaps' and saying things like "Girrrrrlllllll" and "No she di'nt". Its not nearly as funny reading it as it was when Coco was telling it.


That's the thing about Coco: she isn't just a drag queen, or a comedienne, or a storyteller, or a singer. She's ALL those things... she's a real entertainer. Everyone in the audience was thoroughly entertained last night, I'm sure of it.


Coco travels so look at her schedule and go see her!!

1 comment:

cb said...

While I'm not a big fan of drag, I would totally see Coco.