Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.

My friend Jared sent me this:I love how its done in 'traditional' needlepoint!

Earlier this week Spouse & I went to dinner with our friends Deb & Greer and Bob & Michael. We met Bob & Michael at Greer's birthday party a few weeks ago and we seemed to click with them. This week we had dinner at Planet X, one of my favorite local restaurants. The weather was pleasant so we had a table on the porch, but for some reason there was no breeze and we all became uncomfortably warm. So after dinner we walked to the boardwalk to 'cool off' with the ocean breezes and an ice cream cone! It was a very nice evening.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend! Its the car club's annual Beach Ball car show on Sat. I didn't renew my membership in the club this year or pay to participate in Beach Ball (car show, banquet, parties, etc.) due to funds, but I am definitely planning to attend the car show as a spectator. Click here for photos of last year's Beach Ball. I even requested off work to enjoy the car club, although I will take an hour or so at noon to show a house to a client for the 2nd time. Hopefully it will be worth it.

Also on Sat is DE Pride! This year talent is pretty amazing, especially for this relatively small Pride event. The headliner is Taylor Dayne!! I loved her back in the late 80s/early 90s and even saw her in concert. Also performing are Jonny McGovern, Calpernia Addams, and Pepper MaShay. In addition to the talent I always find it nice to wonder around the festival and see lots of friends.

Sat night Spouse & I are going to our friend Doug's surprise birthday dinner so that should be fun too.

My current pet peeve is when people say "navy blue" because its redundant. Navy is only a shade of blue so there's no need to distinguish which color is a shade of. There's no navy red, navy green, or navy brown, so don't say "navy blue". Just say navy.

Here's wishing everyone a great weekend!

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

todd and I LOVED the opening joke!

taylor dayne - "love will lead you back", "don't rush me", "tell it to my heart". YEAH BABY YEAH!

so how was the car show and the pridefest?