Monday, August 06, 2007

Visitors

Our good friends Kerry & Hugh arrived on Thurs night. They stayed with us thru Sun evening, although they were actually in town to attend a large family reunion. On Fri they went to the beach all day, then the 4 of us had an early dinner together at Fish On. They met up with their relatives and Spouse & I met up with our friends at the Miltonian for our regular Fri night dinner. No, we didn't eat the second time!

On Sun afternoon Spouse's brother Louis and his wife Karen arrived. They'll be staying with us through Fri. Kerry & Hugh, Louis & Karen, and Spouse & I all enjoyed a delicious dinner together Sun night at La Rosa Negra before Kerry & Hugh headed back to VA.

Louis & Karen have lots of things planned for their vacation this week, including shopping at the outlet stores, time at the beach (of course), taking the ferry to Cape May and Wildwood NJ, exploring Lewes and Rehoboth, going to the movies, and hopefully relaxing.

Spouse & I were supposed to go with Rick & Nick to the Milton 200th anniversary parade on Sat afternoon, but it was so hot and humid I told Spouse I didn't want to go. I just couldn't see myself standing on that black asphalt in the 90-something degree heat with the 90-something percent humidity, sweating profusely and feeling disgusting. I mean, I like parades and all, but not enough to go through all that.

I wish the weather forecast for the week was better. Today it was hot, humid, and cloudy all day. It looked as if it was going to rain at any minute, but so far it hasn't. Tues & Wed its going to be in the mid-to-upper 90s and very humid. I hope Louis & Karen still have a good time.

On Fri after Louis & Karen leave, our friend Michael will arrive and stay with us for the weekend.

Drag Queen name of the day: Eula Gree

No comments: