Monday, April 02, 2012

Bubbles and blooms

Instead of my usual Weekend highlights post, I'm doing something different because all I did was work both days this past weekend and nobody wants to read about that.

Since I worked on Sun I took today off.  I wanted to do some research on some of the elements of our civil union ceremony and reception.

An element I'm excited about is that we're serving champagne!  Well, not actual champagne since that only comes from the Champagne region of France.  Technically everything else is sparkling wine.  So we're serving sparkling wine!  Its celebratory, its bubbly, its fun!  So I went to 2 liquor stores and talked to employees about brands of bubbles.  It was very productive!  Both guys suggested the same brand as a good-tasting, easy-to-drink, moderately priced sparkling wine so the decision is made.

Next I stopped at a local grocery store's floral department for blooms.  The young floral manager Amanda couldn't have been nicer.  We talked about overall look, color scheme, shape, combinations, etc.  Rather than ordering expensive, fussy arrangements, we decided to make our own casual arrangements using the flowers I ordered and some of the multitude of vases we already have.  Of course I'll have to enlist the help of a friend because Spouse & I are both missing the floral arranging gene.  But I know what I like and I know my friends will help us achieve it.

I'm getting excited!

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

"Spouse & I are both missing the floral arranging gene." - stop! do not pass go, do not collect $200, turn in your gay card immediately! bwhahahahahahahaha!