Monday, September 24, 2007

Newlyweds and car show

Fri evening we met Dave & Scott at the Miltonian for our regular Fri night affair. Seems 'all the usual suspects' had other plans and couldn't make it, but the 4 of us had a lovely time anyway. Later, the Newlyweds arrived for a weekend visit.

After a leisurely breakfast Sat morning the 4 of us met Rick & Nick at the Straight Eights car show in Rehoboth, an event I've been looking forward to for months. Last year Spouse & I went to this car show and loved it! Lots and lots of gay classic car owners showing off their chrome and tail fins to the adoring public. It was pure coincidence that the Newlyweds had selected this weekend to visit, and they were happy it worked out so they could attend this car show with us. We saw some real beauties, too. I took lots of photos and will try and add some to this post later, if I can get our crazy camera to work again. The weather was unexpectedly humid, and just as the car show ending, the skies opened up and it poured down raining for about 10 minutes. Then the rain stopped, the clouds parted, and the sun came back out.

After the car show Rick & Nick joined the Newlyweds and us for a late lunch at the Dirty Finger. Then we hung out for a while at home until everyone decided to take a nap. I watched TV instead. Naps make me feel disoriented when I wake up. I can't remember which day it is, and I can't get to sleep that night. So while they dozed I watched "Sell This House" and assorted home decorating shows on HGTV. Later the 4 of us had dinner at Serendipity on the Indian River, then met Rick & Nick at the cheap theatre to see "Ratatouille". As you know, I am not a fan of animated movies, but since everyone else wanted to see it, I acquiesced. It was cute; better than I expected. I just kept thinking "This would be so much better if it were a real movie and not animated." Old habits die hard I guess.

Sun we lingered over a big breakfast of banana pancakes and sausage, then decided to go to the beach. The humidity from Sat was completely gone and it was absolutely gorgeous at the beach. We got back home around 2:30 and had left-overs from the previous night's dinners for lunch. The Newlyweds packed their stuff and left just before 4:00. We called Rick & Nick and decided to go back to the beach and hang out with them since it was so beautiful outside. We stayed until 6:00. On a scale of 1-10, Sunday's weather was an 11.

Spouse & I had cereal for dinner and watched TV until bedtime. It was a very nice weekend, but it seemed to go by way too quickly. Don't they all?

Drag Queen name of the day: Angie Dextrous

No comments: