Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Long day

Wow, today was a long day.

Yesterday we finally received the lien release letter I requested 2 weeks ago and which was supposed to take just 3-5 days. I had to call again about it, and when I got off the phone and checked the mail, it had arrived. Rather than mail the letters and the duplicate title forms to the VA DMV, we decided to take the next day off and drive to the VA DMV and handle it in person. Who knows how long it would take for the forms to arrive, get processed, and for the titles to be mailed back to us.

So Spouse & I called our offices to let them know we were taking the day off and then hit the road at 7:45 this morning. It was a chilly and foggy morning, but the sun finally burned through the fog and it turned out to be a beautiful day. We arrived at the DMV at 10:30, waited an hour and 15 minutes for our number to be called, and shortly thereafter walked out of the DMV with all 3 titles in hand. Success!

Since it was almost lunch time we decided to stop in at our fave Mexican restaurant Cantina Mexicana (aka: The Taco House). We arrived just before the noon lunch rush. On Spouse's way to the restroom he saw Gloria who came out of the kitchen to say hello and give him a hug. Then she came to our table and gave me the same greeting. She thanked me sincerely for the article that appeared in the Del Ray Sun newspaper (see blog entry on ) and said she'd received several calls and in-person patrons who were happy to learn from my article that Cantina Mexicana was actually The Taco House. We had a delicious lunch consisting of their awesome chicken quesadilla appetizer followed by Tres Colores (3 different colored enchiladas with 3 different fillings) and a California burrito. YUM!!! When it was time for the check we were told our meal was "on the house". We thanked them profusely and told them we'd see them in 3 weeks, since we have plans to meet friends there on our next weekend back in DC.

We left at about 1:30 and headed back to DE. We decided we would go directly to the car dealership to sign and drop off the 2 titles for the cars we traded in, and pick up the license plate for our CRV. They had been 'holding' the plate until we gave them the titles. Unfortunately that meant we had to drive around for 2 weeks with expired temporary tags until the whole title mess was finally resolved.

Prior to our deciding to take the day off, Spouse & I had decided we'd go to Dover on Tues evening to use a store coupon that expired on Fri. So after an hour back at home, we got back in the car and drove to Dover to do our shopping. We had a coupon for 15% off our entire purchase, and we a gift card (housewarming gift) for $100. We only spent a little over $50. this time, which is fine. The gift card can be used anywhere so we'll just hang onto it. We got 2 sets of chocolate brown towels for our bathroom, a set of 500 thread count queen sheets for our bed (or a guest bed), a 5-piece set of bathroom accessories (soap dish, liquid soap dispenser, toothbrush holder, drinking cup) in ivory with a brown starfish on them, and 3 one pound bags of flavored coffee. I think we did really well!

When we left the store it was almost 8:00 so we headed toward home and thought about what to do about dinner. We decided to eat at the Milford Diner. Spouse had heard from colleagues that the food was good and very reasonably priced, which rings not 1 but 2 bells in our heads. Neither of us was starving, but knew we'd need to eat something so the diner seemed right on point. Since I learned from the waitress that they had coconut cream pie, I decided on a fried egg sandwich (with mayo & cheese) so I'd have room left for the pie. I was surprised to see fried egg sandwiches on the menu - that's such a 'diner' thing. I hadn't had one in a bazillion years but as I ate mine I was pleasantly reminded of my childhood when my family would sometimes have fried egg sandwiches for lunch on a Sat or Sun. It really took me back. And the pie was no disappointment either. We enjoyed our dinner at the diner, and got home just before 10:00, a few minutes ago. Its been a long day, but a good one.

Work out update - session 3: I did pretty well with my breathing so I wasn't yawning like a bored temp, but I got a little nauseous at the very end of my work out. I'd finished my ab work and felt really hot and flushed. I was sweating like a whore in church, and just laid on the floor for a few minutes, waiting to feel normal again. Rick says my blood pressure may have spiked from all the exercises. Not sure if there's anything I can do to prevent this from happening again, or if it will stop happening by itself as I continue to exercise regularly.

Drag Queen name of the day: Ima Freeloader

No comments: