Friday, June 29, 2007

Short subjects

This week:


  • It has been hazy, hot and humid. It definitely feels like summer.

  • We watched "Who Killed the Electric Car?" and I am seriously outraged at the auto manufacturers. If you haven't see this yet, see it. The state of CA mandated that auto manufacturers who wanted to continue selling cars in CA had to provide a fully electric car, so General Motors, Honda, Toyota, and Ford all did so in 2001. They were very popular with consumers who leased them but they were the proverbial thorn in the side of the oil companies and auto manufacturers who used their significant political power and connections to get CA to revoke their mandate. The auto makers then took back all of the leased electric cars and destroyed them. Now everyone's all ga-ga about hybrids, which still use a gasoline engine and pollute the environment. We COULD have fully electric cars that do not pollute and that significantly reduce our need for imported oil.

  • I had an enjoyable and productive trip to Richmond (company headquarters). I met all the new employees and attended some sales and product trainings. I got home Thurs night.

  • While in Richmond I finished the book "Michael Tolliver Lives". Tues night after I had dinner there was nothing on TV so I got out the book and started reading. I couldn't help myself and wound up finishing the book that night.

  • Fri evening we met Rick & Nick and friends for dinner. The previous Fri there were 6 of us, and this time there were 9 of us. Everyone was nice and we had a good time talking and getting to know the folks we just met.

Drag Queen name of the day: Rachel Slurs

No comments: