Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Finally... rain

Well, Sun it finally rained. I don't know how many days it had been since our last rainfall, but its been quite a while. Usually I am not the type who waters the lawn, but after seeing it change from 'spring green' to 'hay stack tan' and hearing it crunch under my feet, I gave in. I set up a sprinkler for at lest an hour, and sometimes up to 3 hours, on Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs of last week. Fri we were out of town so I didn't water.

Then Sun morning we awoke to cloudy skies and the smell of rain in the air. You know how you can smell the rain before it arrives? Then finally, it began to rain; lightly at first, then heavier in the afternoon. It was a nice, long rain that lasted about 10-12 hours, I'd guess. Spouse & I needed to go grocery shopping, and usually I'd cancel the dreaded deed due to rain, but Sun we went out in it anyway; happy for the nourishment it brought.

I had hoped to go to the beach on Sun, but when we awoke in the clouds my disappointment soon turned into gratitude. We really needed the rain.

Drag Queen name of the day: Holly Berry

No comments: