Friday, September 15, 2017

April & Denny

Last week I heard from my cousin April that she and her husband Denny were going to be spending a long weekend in our fair little hamlet.  She asked if we were going to be in town and if we'd like to get together.  Of course I said yes!

It has been at least 5 years since we've seen each other, at a family wedding.  We live about 6 hours apart and we've had no other occasion to be in her neck of the woods.  I would have seen her 2 years ago at the celebration of life for her mom/my aunt, but unfortunately I was unable to make it.  Needless to say, we had a fair amount of catching up to do.

The 4 of us met up at a cozy little pub and had cocktails and talked for quite a while.  It was relaxed and easy.  Its amazing to me how quickly people who share a childhood history and some DNA can reconnect.  And we didn't just talk about 'the old days' when we were kids, which would have left Spouse & Denny out.  We were really interested in talking about what April & Denny were doing, as well as mine & Spouse's activities.

I could kick myself for not taking a photo of the 4 of us while we were together, but I guess I was just having such a nice time I didn't think about it.  Hopefully next time.

No comments: