Friday, March 18, 2016

Continuing Ed

Yesterday I spent my day off in continuing education classes.  As a Realtor I am required by the State of DE to complete 21 hours of approved continuing education every 2 years.  I have the flexibility to choose when and where to take the classes but I went ahead and scheduled 6 hours (2 classes) on my day off because they were free and they provided lunch.

These 2 classes were taught by an attorney.  She's probably about my age and has a great sense of humor.  I've taken classes from her in past years and she does a great job of keeping the content relavent to real-life situations.  I mean, how boring would it be to sit through 3 hours of "Understanding the Agreement of Sale", since its the primary document used by Realtors?  Instead, we spent the time discussing how the Agreement of Sale could be used to work through several sticky hypothetical situations that could easily be real.

The classes were held at a local community center, where I took the following photo:
Several of us laughed at this, as it loosely reminded us of conflicting information we often find in different real estate documents describing the same home.

2 comments:

Fearsome Beard said...

Ugh! CE
Thank god it's only every 4 years here.

Biki Honko said...

HaHaHa! That signage is hysterical!