Friday, March 27, 2015

Preparations

We are preparing to redecorate one of our guest bedrooms.  I feel like I've been saying this forever.  But before we could begin, I needed to get rid of the large desk and the existing full size mattress and box spring.  A couple weeks ago I successfully sold the desk, but have had absolutely zero interest in the mattress and box spring.  

So I've decided to donate it.  Its a little over 20 years old, but its only been as a guest bed and has probably only been slept on 3 or 4 times a year.  The reason we're getting rid of it is because it is a full and the new comforter and sheets we bought are queen.  Once the room has been painted we'll get a new queen bed on which to put the new linens.

So my friend Bryan is coming this weekend in his pick-up truck to pick up the mattress and box spring and take them to some friend of his who runs a halfway house or shelter of some sort.  I'm glad the bed will continue to get some use AND that it will get out of my guest room.  

I'm taking a few days off work soon to paint and redecorate this room, and do some other projects around the house.  Hopefully I won't have too many interruptions from work.  Here's a  sneak peak of the room's new design:

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

"the new comforter and sheets we bought are queen." OF COURSE they are; I would expect nothing less! :)

how wonderful that someone can put perfectly good household goods to use!

Biki Honko said...

I'm glad the bed is going to a good home, its terrible to toss out perfectly good things. I take it you dont have a college near by.

That black and white material is awesome! When you finally get the room finished, please post a photo, I'd love to see how you are going to work that pink and that nifty fabric together.