Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter shirt

It started with a typical browsing through the clearance rack.  That's when I saw this long sleeved white shirt with pin-stripes in pastel shades of mint green, yellow, lavendar, pink, blue and peach.  I don't know why, but I kind of fell in love with it!

Since the shirt was like $7.99 on clearance, I decided there really was no reason not to buy it.  Only when the cashier rung up the shirt, it was 60% off the clearance price, so it came out to be like $3.  Score!!!

But once I had it, I realized I really couldn't wear the shirt because it just looked too much like Easter.  I could picture myself showing up at work or someplace in the shirt, only to have people ask me "Oh, is it Easter again already?"

So, since the shirt looks so much like Easter I decided it would be my Easter shirt.  I have worn it to Easter dinner with the family every year for the last 7 years.

7 comments:

behrmark said...

The fact that you can still fit into a shirt you bought 7 years ago is nauseating. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love a score like that! Best kind of clothes, even if you can't wear it but once a year!

Peace <3
Jay

Harpers Keeper said...

I love this story. Sounds like a holiday tradition to me and that is what holidays are supposed to be about.

Ur-spo said...

oh ! I should make an Easter shirt - you inspired me!

anne marie in philly said...

what, no peekture of said shirt? :(

behrmark - bwhahahaha; I agree! how DOES mark keep his gorgeous figure year after year?

BosGuy said...

I've ended up with purchases like that. Can totally relate. I call them occasion-apparel.

Mistress Maddie said...

I have Easter boxer briefs, with bunnies on them. Does that count?