Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend highlights


Fri evening we met Steven & Thad for dinner at Ruby Tuesday. Its a great place to eat out since all of us are dieting or otherwise trying to lose weight. I always get the salad bar. Its always fresh and has a quite extensive selection of veggies. My salads have more veggies than lettuce. Spouse & Thad like the spaghetti squash entree which is low in fat and calories. In our area Ruby Tuesday is the only restaurant with a salad bar.

Sat I worked, as usual. I met with a couple at a new construction home community I showed them previously, and they wrote a contract on a new home. Score! That evening Steven & Thad and Jason & Kevin came over for dinner. Spouse made a tasty and low fat/low calorie dish: Dijon chicken with mushrooms, steamed veggies, and salad. For dessert we had parfaits made with blueberries, corn flakes, and fat-free cool whip. It was really good! We had a very nice time visiting with our buddies.

I was off on Sun so we met Steven & Thad and Jason & Kevin for breakfast. After returning home I washed some laundry, ironed a few shirts, and vacuumed the house. That afternoon I decided to finally make my way back to the gym. I don't want to reveal how long it had been since the last time I'd gone. But I discarded that thought and decided to move forward. I did about 40 minutes on the treadmill doing cardio and felt proud of myself for returning to the gym. That evening Spouse & I had dinner at home.

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

if I can get my fat arse into a gym, so can you.

since 6/7/11 I have dropped 30 pounds by 3x/week at the gym; this total includes the 14 pounds dropped since joining WW on 1/10/12.

it has gotten easier to get into this routine. plus WW has given me ideas for eating/making better choices.

I want to hear about your progress, and everyone else's too; we are all in this TOGETHER!

smooches to all my DE friends!