Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend highlights

As usual I worked on Sat. but it felt like a short day because I was only in the office until 1:30. Then I met a client and we spent a good while at a new home neighborhood pricing out a new home with the sales consultant there. Afterward I stopped in at my client's place to check in on painter. Changing the color from mauve to medium brown made a huge difference. I told the client "Your home is feeling younger by the minute!" That evening we met up with Steven & Thad, Jack, 1 of the Bobs, and Joe P for dinner at Dos Locos.

Sun morning we had breakfast with Steven & Thad at Crystal. It was super cold and windy. Later Spouse & I did some window shopping and then he took a nap while I caught up on some shows on the DVR. I also made a large piece of art. I'd bought a huge painting at a thrift store for $35. that had a hideous 1980s Grace Jones-like print on it. I could never have purchased a blank canvas that large for $35. So, I just painted over top of it.
That evening we went to Steven & Thad's house for dinner and to watch the Golden Globes. We made Weight Watcher-friendly pizzas using Flat Outs (oblong whole wheat flour tortillas), mushrooms, turkey pepperoni, olives, low-fat pizza sauce, and low-fat cheese. They were really good and I didn't feel like I was dieting. Joe P stopped over after dinner to watch some of the awards with us. Like most 'normal' gay men, most of our commentary was about the gowns and hairstyles worn by the nominees.


Spouse had today off since it is MLK day. My office was not closed, but I was not scheduled for phone duty and I had no appointments so I took the day off so we could be together. Hopefully Spouse will help me take the ornaments off the Christmas tree today and pack up the rest of the Christmas decorations. As much as I love Christmas, its time.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Oh how I would have loved to been at your house to watch the Golden Globes with you all. I'm not a "Broadway Show Tunes" type of Gay Guy but I sure do like me the awards shows! I love watching all the self important phonies pat themselves on the back and check out the latest gowns, hairdos, and et al. LOVE IT!