Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Accomplishment

I feel a real sense of accomplishment tonight. Why? I finished staging my client's home and it looks great!

Keep in mind I had a very small budget to work with, and from this budget I:
  • purchased a gallon of high quality paint with built in primer
  • paid someone to paint 2 walls, 1 of which vaulted to about 20 feet high
  • purchased a chandelier with 7' chain and electrical cable
  • paid someone to change out a chandelier that was hanging from a vaulted ceiling
  • purchased a large 'focal wall' wall hanging and a large piece of art
  • purchased 6 decorative pillows, a dining table runner, 3 lamp shades, and 2 shower curtains

Once the client and I had boxed up their person photos and distracting nicknacks, the painting was done and the new chandelier went up.

Then I went to work, moving furniture, remaking beds, hanging the shower curtains, placing white towels in the baths, arranging glasses on the bar, hanging the art and wall hanging, replacing the lamp shades, and arranging neutral but pleasant accessories that belonged to the client and some on loan from my house. Spouse graciously agreed to help me this evening so it would go more quickly.

I'm extremely pleased with the results! All references to the dated seafoam green and mauve color scheme are gone. Now the seafoam and brown pallette reads as chic and modern. What do you think?

Before...
after...


Before...
after...

Before...
after...
Before...after...

Before...
after...


Before...after...I'm really hoping these inexpensive but extremely necessary changes will help the place sell more quickly. Do you want to buy it?

1 comment:

Rick said...

That looks soooo much better. Love that new wall color. What is it? You done an excellent job with the furnishings they have. Good luck!