Thursday, April 03, 2008

Call for help

I'm hoping to 'feel a little love' from my blogger brothers. Although I've been blogging for over 3 years, I don't have any fancy widgets or graphics on my blog. I'm just not that "into" computers.

But there are a few things I'd like to change, and am hoping for advice/instructions from you guys.
  1. How do I put links behind words? I've noticed a number of you will have a word or phrase hyperlinked so that readers can click on the word or phrase and be taken to a website. How do I do this?
  2. How do I install a site meter or other device that counts visitors? Admittedly its a little late after blogging for 3 1/2 years, but I'd still be interested to know how to do this.
  3. How do I upload multiple photos that are either right- or left-justified without the photos showing up next to each other?

Now, another item (non-blogger) I'd appreciate some help with is finding a photo of Chad Lopez. He's the incredibly gorgeous carpenter on the HGTV show "Design to Sell". I've been wanting to feature him as a Crush du Jour but have been unable to find a photo of him.

If you can help a brotha out with any of these things, I would be eternally grateful. If you want to email me detailed instructions (with or without diagrams), send them to me.

And for those of you pining for an update on my scruffy face, here you go. Yesterday I shaved my cheeks, jaw and neck, leaving behind a semblance of a mustache and goatee. It didn't look quite as lame as I expected, so I've decided to give it some more time to "grow on me". (Yeah, pun intended.)

Update: A big shout of thanks goes to J*O*E for answering questions 1 and 2 above!

Update 2: A big shout of thanks goes to Christopher for answering question 3 above!

The 1st one who finds me a photo of Chad Lopez gets a BJ.

Crush du Jour: Cheyenne Jackson

8 comments:

joe*to*hell said...

oh lambchop....this is easy stuff

when you are typing the word you want to link, highlight it, then click one of the little buttons that looks like a chain/link (near the add photo one) and it opens up a little box that lets you add a URL...

then get your ass to sitemeter, sign up for an account, and it will give you options for adding their info to the blog. copy their code. then go to blogger layout, click on add a new HTML, and paste the code in there.

all done

tornwordo said...

Yeah, it's really easy. The photo thing though. I couldn't figure it out, so I just put it in the center.

Christopher said...

Dammit...Joe beat me to it...but I emailed you a Word Document with color pics and directions...

...because I love you MORE!

Anonymous said...

what J*O*E* said.

Gregory said...

I was about to give you my phone # so I could tech support your ass through it!

joe*to*hell said...

more than you love me, xtopher????

bitch

Christopher said...

Joe: my love for you is intense, primitive, questionable, and eternal.

RAD said...

Good questions that I ddint even know how...now I do...awesome! Sorry I could not help...