Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Its official

Today I went to the DMV and traded in my VA drivers license for a DE one, and registered to vote while I was at it. Its official... I'm a Delawarean.

Going to the DMV is a totally different experience here. Believe it or not, I got my number from the receptionist, confirmed my information and paid at the window, got my photo taken and walked out the door with my new license... in 10 minutes. This procedure would easily have taken 30-40 minutes in VA. With such a positive DMV experience under my belt now, I believe I am just about ready to tackle the registering of our 3 vehicles.

To their credit, the DE DMV has a very informative website, detailing the steps and required documentation for all DMV transactions. So when I can find the titles I'll take each vehicle, one at a time, to the DMV for inspection, registering, and titling. Oh joy.

Drag Queen name of the day: Allison Wonderland

No comments: