Monday, April 08, 2013

Weekend


I wasn't scheduled for office duty on Sat or Sun, so I was kind of "off" from work, except that I had to go into the office and meet a client who was signing an offer which I had to upload to finicky website, then meet another client to let them show their visiting parents the home they are buying.  So I was working from 1-4pm on my "off" day.  Other than that Spouse & I didn't do much on Sat, honestly.  Spouse was feeling kind of lazy and didn't feel like doing anything I suggested.  We did have dinner at Dos Locos with Steven & Thad, Robin, Alisha & Jack, and 1 of the Bobs.  I tried the spicy pork tomatillo burrito and loved it!  Why had I never tried it before?  Its my new favorite item there.  I also had a jalepeno margarita which was muy sabroso.  Afterward we went to Steven & Thad's house for dessert and saw that they had gotten new living room furniture!  Spouse & I both really liked the colors and style.

Not our actual garage
Sun Spouse & I had coffee/breakfast and then decided to be productive.  I had been wanting to clean out and organize the garage for several months but it had been too cold or I'd been too busy.  It was a nice day (close to 60 degrees) so we got started.  I acquiesced to Spouse's insistence that I throw away the pile of odds and ends that didn't sell at my yard sale 3 years ago.  I'd been saving them for the next yard sale, but decided to "just be done" with the stuff and tossed them into the trash can.  There was nothing of any real value; just stuff that I thought might fetch a dollar at a yard sale.  I also organized the salvaged construction materials from when the side porch was removed and the garage addition built. I have a project in mind that will utilize some of the materials and just can't bear to throw away good wood.  I will offer the remnants to my neighbors and handymen I know.  Now that the materials are organized and stacked, they take up less space and I know exactly what's there.  I also organized the stuff so that all the Christmas stuff is together on 1 side of the garage and all the construction stuff is on the opposite side.  I swept the garage and threw away the cardboard boxes that lay on the garage floor (absorbing Big Ella's drips) and replaced them with new boxes.  It didn't take that long and I feel so much better about the organization of the stuff.  Now I know that if I need the pruning shears or a hammer, I will be able to find them.  After completing the task I learned that April is National Garage Organization Month!!  Leave it to ME to be on-trend.

Sun I also received a response from a potential buyer via email, wanting to see a home on Sun afternoon, so I cleaned up and met them for a showing.  They were very nice; looking for a vacation home since they are outgrowing their vacation travel trailer.

When I got home Spouse & I decided to take Marvin for a walk on the boardwalk.  It was rather warm (again in the 60s) but turned out to be rather windy on the boardwalk so we still needed jackets.  Marvin seemed to really enjoy the walk and the exposure to different people, dogs, and smells.  We stopped at Lowes on the way home to walk through their garden center.  We are planning to freshen up our yard for Spring and wanted to see if there were any unusual/interesting low-maintenance plants on sale.  We left empty-handed.

That evening we went to Steven & Thad's for pizza. Our friend Michael was there, and we enjoyed teasing him about his new long-distance boyfriend's 1st visit here in a few weeks.  He says he's not letting him anywhere NEAR us!  For dessert we ate what was left over from the night before.


1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

"can't bear to throw away good wood" - heh heh heh, you said "wood". :)

next year, spouse and I are joining all y'all (and the cajun) at dos locos!