Friday, June 15, 2012

Family

I realized today that I had NO fragments saved for today's Friday fragments post.  So instead I offer you this heartwarming true story.

In the weeks that we've had Marvin Spouse & I have been walking him a lot.  Marvin loves walking.  Often when we pass our neighbor's house we stop for a minute or two to visit with them when they're outside.  They have a little boy - probably 5 or 6 years old - that really likes Marvin and Marvin wags his tail feverishly while the boy pets him.  The boy's mother asked about Marvin and we explained that we adopted him from the SPCA.

The other day I was working late so Spouse walked Marvin without me.  The neighbors were outside and the young boy noticed my absence.

"Where is that other man who walks Marvin with you?" he asked.

"He's at work" Spouse replied with a smile.

"I'm sorry he has to work late and miss Marvin's walk" he said sincerely.

"Oh, thank you.  That's very nice of you" Spouse said.

Marvin was ready to continue his walk so Spouse wished the neighbors a good evening and started to walk away.  Then he overheard the boy talk to his mother.

"Mom, that's a nice family Marvin has.  I think Marvin is real happy with them."

Children often see more clearly than adults, unbiased and innocent.

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

awwwwwwwwwwww! and hopefully his parents won't turn him into a h8er.