Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend highlights

Fri evening after work Spouse & I met up with Steven & Thad at the beach. It was a gorgeous evening so we hung out at the beach until nearly sunset. Then we spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out where to go for dinner. It was late and I was starving. We finally ended up at a pizza joint where you can order pizza made with whole wheat dough, thin-crust style. I'm not sure if it really is, but it seems like a healthier way to eat pizza. Afterward the 4 of us sat on our screened porch and talked, enjoying the lovely weather. Normally Aug is synonymous with 90 degree temperatures and high humidity, but we are currently enjoying a lovely period of moderate temperatures and low humidity.

Sat morning I headed into the office, then met some new clients at 11:30. Showed them 4 very different places but all in the same price range. They're looking for a beach getaway and are from the same area where Spouse & I used to live. That evening Spouse & I met up with Kerry & Hugh, Hugh's parents, and Kerry & Hugh's friends Harriet & Bob for dinner. They came to town to see me perform in the Legends show! After a delicious dinner I went to the Blue Moon and they got a little dessert before heading over for the show. Steven & Thad, Joe P, and Jason & Kevin also showed up. I had my own cheering section in the audience! Joe P took the video below. Notice the enthusiastic "audience participation" as 1 guy shouts the months of the year. (Sorry the volume is low.)

The club was packed and the audience really seemed to enjoy the performances of Patti LaBelle, Donna Summer, and Neil Sedaka. I'm really going to miss this in a few weeks when the shows stop.

Sun was overcast and it even sprinkled/rained a few times. It was my turn to have phone duty at work so I went to work. It was VERY quiet and slow. Normally that's good for getting organized and doing my regular follow up, but I'd done that earlier in the week so it was rather boring in the office. So I decided it would be a good evening to get together with some of the guys after work for dinner. I rounded the guys up and we had dinner at Saketumi. More about that (including photos) in tomorrow's post. So even though I worked both days of the weekend, I still managed to inject some fun.

No comments: