Thursday, December 13, 2007

Starbucks Prayer

I pilfered this from a fellow blogger's post because I thought it was pretty clever.

The Starbucks Prayer

Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no Equal™: For thou art with me;
Thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of mine barista;
Thou anointest my brain with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the House of Starbucks forever.

Amen.

Pretty good, huh?

Those of you who know me already know that I love coffee, but do not care for Starbucks coffee. I have no qualms with their frappacinos, which may or may not even contain coffee. They're yummy. But to me Starbucks coffee tastes like the beans have been over-roasted or scorched. But that's just me. Obviously lots of other folks love it and are willing to pay a premium to get it.

In addition to good old fashion regular coffee, I also enjoy flavored coffee. Since I work at home and make coffee in the mornings purely for my own enjoyment, not needing to worry about co-workers' tastes, I've been experimenting with some new flavored coffees of late.

A few weeks ago I tried for the 1st time and LOVED some blueberry flavored coffee. I know, I know, it sounds weird. I thought so too, but since I like unusual things I thought I'd give it a try, and am glad I did. Me likey!

Another recent discovery was Fudge Brownie flavored coffee. Dee-lish! And last week I returned to a tried and true favorite: French Toast flavored coffee. That one can only be enjoyed when the weather is cold. No French Toast coffee in the summer, kids. My rule. And this week I am enjoying some medium roast Kona coffee, all the way from Hawaii. Earthy, slightly nutty, and sensuous.

If you ever feel a little 'stuck in a rut' (as my aunt used to say), why not try a new or unusual flavored coffee? It might just be the nectar of the gods.

Drag Queen name of the day: Anna Waywego

1 comment:

Java said...

Ha! Yup, great little ditty, isn't it?
Blueberry coffee. hmmmm. I do love me some blueberries, and I like the blueberry tea that (I think) Celestial Seasonings offers. Blueberry coffee might just be the thing. And where did you obtain this delicacy?