Monday, May 22, 2006

Wonderful weather weekend

The weather this past weekend was wonderful! Joe & I were at the beach and drove around the entire weekend with the top down. Sat it was mostly sunny with a few periods of clouds. It was warm and wonderful. Sun it was sunny all day, and warm again. It was truly beautiful.

Our friends Doug & Jim bought a mobile home at the beach on Fri, so we met up with them Fri evening to see their new place, and to go to dinner. We ate at Fish On and had a great time. The food was great, as it always is, and we also enjoyed a few celebratory cocktails to commemorate their new beach retreat. We got there at 8:30 and didn't leave until 11:15.

I've been wondering why no one comments on my blog anymore. It used to be I'd get a comment or two from friends and the occasional stranger who'd happen upon my blog, either because I was linked on someone else's blog, or because of something in my blogger profile. But I haven't had any comments in a few weeks, which makes me wonder it:
  1. No one is reading my blog anymore
  2. No one finds it interesting enough to leave a comment
  3. No one wants me to know they're reading
  4. No one wants anyone else to know they're reading
  5. No one can figure out how to comment

Just in case #5 is the case, let me tell you that you don't have to be a blogger to leave a comment. You can simply click on 'anonymous' and then after typing your comment, just type in your name. But if the real reason for no comments is #1-4, I'd better come up with some more juicy content! And speaking of linked blogs, I finally figured out (sorta) how to add a blogroll to my blog so you can see the blogs I read. Check 'em out!

Actually, I've got something significant to blog about, something that's been on my mind a lot, but I am not yet at liberty to make it public, so it will have to wait.

This coming weekend is Memorial Day weekend, and we are going to the beach for the 3 days with our friends Michael & Jamie (aka: The Newlyweds). I'm really looking forward to it. Michael & Jamie are the kind of guys that will really dig an old fashioned Memorial Day cookout, with grilled burgers, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, chips and soda! In fact, two summers ago we had just such a cookout on 4th of July, when we still had our vintage trailer. It was super-fun! I am looking forward to just such a cookout again with them. I'm really hoping for excellent weather this coming weekend, like we had last weekend.

1 comment:

Bugsy said...

Don't get discouraged! I'm reading, just a little behind. I've been going to the gym after work and then trying to keep up with my Netflix. I'm watching the fifth and last season of "Six Feet Under".

But I'm reading! Enjoy your weekend!