Friday, May 18, 2018

Weekend plans

We're going to Pittsburgh this weekend.
Our nephew is graduating from Carnegie Mellon University and his parents roped the entire family into going to the graduation by reserving and paying our hotel room Sat & Sun nights.

We're leaving DE tomorrow morning, stopping in the DC area to pick up my aunt Mary, and then heading to PA.  I think it will take 7 hours, not including stops for food/gas/bathroom.

Sat night the family is going to Lidia Bastianich's restaurant called Lidia's Pittsburgh.  Spouse has been a big fan of hers for years because she's very upfront about her recipes being Italian-American rather than being snooty about her cooking.  Spouse's sister has eaten there on some of her previous visits to Pittsburgh and said its very good. 

The graduation is Sun at 2:30.  Unfortunately the weather forecast is for rain and possible thunderstorms so it won't be ideal for exploring the city.  (Spouse & I have never been there.)  Sun evening Spouse & I are meeting up with my cousin's 2 daughters who live in Pittsburgh and their guys.  Its been 2 years since I saw them here at the beach and we've never met Chelsea's husband or Micah's fiance.  I'm glad to work that into this visit.  I might even meet up with a fellow blogger.

We'll leave Pittsburgh Mon morning and get back to DE around dinnertime, I hope.

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

PS - PGH is a great city to explore; been there many times.

Ur-spo said...

safe travels now.