Monday, May 07, 2018

Cinco de Mayo celebration

So, Sat was Cinco de Mayo, making it the perfect excuse (as if we needed one) for dinner at Dos Locos.  Steven & Thad were away in NJ but I managed to rustle up some buddies to join us.
Joey, Glenn, Vic, Mike
Joe P & my handsome husband

Vic, Mike, and a VERY handsome man in the plaid shirt at the table behind ours
Everyone ordered margaritas because, DUH! its Cinco de Mayo.  But oddly 3 of us ordered the same entree and 4 of us ordered variations of quesadillas.  As usual, the food was delicious and the service was terrific.

You'll notice in the photos that we're all wearing red chili pepper necklaces.  I collected them on Cinco de Mayo 3 years ago at Dos Locos and brought them for our group to wear.  As we stood up to leave a table of women said they liked our pepper necklaces and asked where we'd gotten them.  I explained, and then took off my 2 pepper necklaces and gave them to 2 of the women.  Then Spouse offered his, followed by the rest of the guys.  I jokingly said we were 'paying it forward' by giving them the pepper necklaces, and that next year they should wear them but give them away to someone else before they leave.  They loved that idea.

What did YOU do to celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

nothing; RTG and I were lazy schlubs.

I spy with my little eye LIL JOE P! SMOOCHES to him!

and of course to you and your spouse bear!

I bet the cajun's spirit was roaming the restaurant on saturday night.